Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Life of the Self-Employed, and a "Bored Jar"

For those of who don't know, I recently quit my full time job.  Mainly because we are moving, but this opened up a huge window of opportunity for me:  to focus solely on my sewing and further develop my etsy shop into a full time business!  Can I just tell you how excited I am!?!  I know its going to be a lot of hard work, but I am sooo ready!  

Monday was my first "official" day on the job.  It was fabulous!  I got so much accomplished!  
I was so excited I was able to finish this quilt in a day and a half!  

I even did stippling all the way around the circles...I love how it looks!
Speaking of stippling, I actually broke not one but TWO needles on my machine while doing this!  I guess I was a little over zealous, haha!  Actually, I got on a roll and was working ahead of my needle speed.  Lesson learned I guess.  

And now for the "Bored Jar" which I am sure you are all wondering what it is!  It is a jar full of ideas when your kids say "MOM I"M BORED!"  which I am sure all us Mom's have heard....and are probably gonna hear a lot of this summer!  I have been on my kiddos about this lately.  They are ages 11, 8, and 4....so plenty old enough to figure things to do for themselves.  I think I am going to put a mixture of suggestions in it, like some chores for sure, but also some things like put puzzles together for 30 mins, or play in the sprinklers, etc....  click on the link above for more info and ideas!  I think it's genius!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment